Recipe & Images by Nur Kasim
This salad is ideal for a quick evening meal or as a side dish at a BBQ. It’s quick, simple and the halloumi and butter beans leave you feeling totally fulfilled. It’s ideal for summer when you don’t want to turn the oven on and can be made in advance, but cook the halloumi last minute and drop it on top, it tastes way better fresh & hot!
30 min prep / 30 min cooking
For the salad
2 corn cobs
1 can butterbeans
300 – 400g tomatoes
3 – 4 small cucumbers (or 1/2 a large one)
1 bunch of cilantro
1/4 bunch of parsley
3 – 4 sprigs of mint
1 block of halloumi
For the dressing
2 cloves of garlic
1 red chilli or jalapeno (remove if you don’t like heat!)
Juice of 1 lemon
5 – 6 tbsp olive oil
2 – 3 tbsp vinegar
Salt, to taste
- Brush the corn with olive oil and roast on a pan on the stove or a grill until charred
- Drain the beans, rinse with water and set aside.
- Halve the tomatoes, slice the cucumbers, chop the cilantro, parsley and mint (make sure to chop the parsley very finely, it can be tough to chew).
- To make the dressing, grate the garlic, mince the chilli and mix with lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Mix the corn, tomatoes, cucumber, butterbeans and herbs with the dressing.
- Cut the halloumi into thin slices and fry with a little olive oil until golden. Serve on top of the salad.
Plate up and enjoy! Bon Appétit!