Recipe & Images by Nur Kasim
This pasta is really easy to make and will leave you wanting more. It’s perfect when you want the carbs but not the bloat!
Serves 2 – 3
8 oz spaghetti (uncooked weight)
1.5 cups peas (frozen)
1 cup edamame beans (precooked and frozen)
1 large zucchini
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup olive oil (+1-2 tbsp to cook the veggies)
3 large handfuls of basil
Salt and pepper
Note: You can replace the edamame beans with more peas and zucchini. I prefer using frozen veggies which I can because it makes everything so much easier and just as tasty.
- To make the basil oil, prepare a bowl or pot of boiling water and another with ice water. Add the basil into the boiling water and remove it with a colander after a couple of seconds and add it directly into the ice water. Remove the basil from the ice water after a couple of seconds and let the excess water drain. Blend the basil with olive oil and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti to al dente and save the pasta water.
- To a large hot pan, add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and cook the zucchini on both sides until golden.
- Add 1tbsp of butter, then the peas and edamame beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a little pasta water, some parmesan, the juice of half a lemon and the pasta and mix well until combined.
- Serve the pasta with a little basil oil, more parmesan, lemon juice and black pepper.