These crispy potatoes are such tasty treat, and super easy to make. The dip finishes it off perfectly and there will be plenty leftover to pair with so many meals. What’s not to love.
30 min prep / 1 hour cooking
2 large potatoes
8-10 sage leaves
225g butterbeans (1 can)
150g frozen peas (thaw them in hot water for 1 min)
100g ricotta (optional)
Juice of half a lemon
2 garlic cloves
1 large handful of basil leaves
Salt & pepper
2-3 tablespoons butter
1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
Handful grated parmesan
– Slice and boil potatoes until just cooked. Don’t let them boil for too long.
– While the potatoes are boiling add the following to a high speed blender or a magic bullet: butterbeans, frozen peas (run it through hot water once or twice), ricotta (if using), lemon juice, garlic, basil, parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper
– Blend everything until smooth. You might have to stop and scrape the sides a couple of times. The ricotta is optional. If you’re not adding it, you can add a splash of water instead as needed.
– Once the potatoes are done, add some butter and sage to a pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook on medium-high until nice and crispy.
– Note: The dip might be a bit runny, but will firm up very nicely in the fridge. It makes more than you need for this recipe, but it stores well in the fridge for a couple of days. So good with all vegetables or in sandwiches.
– Serve the wedges over a bed of the dip and enjoy.