Written by @ChefVickz
I’ve never really liked duck if I am being honest. I got so used to eating it with cucumbers in a pancake that I grew tired of it. This recipe, however, is incredible. I’m sure you will love it.
30 min prep / 15 min cooking
2 duck breasts (340g)
2 heaped tbsp of green seasoning (see recipe below ingredient list)
1 tbsp paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of allspice
Pinch of chili flakes
(finely blitzed in a food processor or blender):
1/4 green bell pepper
1/2 small onion
1 spring onion stalk
1 green chili pepper
1 red scotch bonnet
2 garlic cloves
1 inch of ginger
Small bunch of coriander
Small bunch of parsley
4 sprigs of thyme
A generous drizzle of olive oil
– Preheat your oven to 200c
– Clean duck breast and pat dry with a paper towel
– Combine all your ingredients in a bowl and leave to marinate for at least an hour (Make sure you season the breast on both sides)
– Place the duck breast skin side down in a non-stick pan on medium to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil for 4 mins for a charred aesthetic. Turn over and seal the other side for 1 minute. Pour off the fat regularly into a heat-proof bowl.
– Place the duck skin side up in a small oven tray and cook for 15 minutes or depending on how you like your duck cooked.
– Once the duck is cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes somewhere warm inside your kitchen
– Slice into 1/2 inch pieces and enjoy!
Once you’ve rested your duck, use the fat and juices and put in a pan with a little butter and brown on low heat, and serve over your sliced duck. You can also use red wine and reduce it in a pan for a richer taste, or add some really ripe plums to your pan for a little tang.