Recipe and image by Rukkie Cooks
This one pot recipe is perfect for spring and can be enjoyed both hot or cold, making it an ideal lunch recipe or picnic accompanist.
Less time spent around a hot stove with your oven doing all the hard work for you.
30 min prep / 1 hour cooking
4 small shallots
2 cloves of garlic
50ml olive oil
100ml pino grigio
500ml vegetable stock
2tsp chilli flakes
1tsb dried oregano
4 cod fillets
300g orzo pasta
– Chop your shallots, dill and basil then place into a jug or bowl along with minced garlic.
– Into the same bowl pour in pino grigio, vegetable stock, olive oil and honey. Season with chilli flakes, dried oregano & black pepper.
– Whisk mixture together and taste. Adjust with salt if needed.
– Place uncooked orzo pasta into a deep oven proof dish and cover with 80% of the marinade made earlier.
– Lay cod filets on top and place uncovered dish in 180 fan assisted oven for 15minutes.
– Once time has lapsed, taste orzo pasta to ensure cooked throughly. If needed, cover with foil and allow to steam in oven on low heat for additional few minutes.
– Serve on individual dishes with a drizzle of remaining marinade saved earlier and optional grated Parmesan.