Recipe & images by Arlinda
This recipe gives you all the secrets to recreate McDonald’s legendary apple pies in the comfort of your own home, and it’s simpler than you might think. they’re easy to do, yet so tasty! Now that winter is upon us, what better way than to get warmed up with a festive treat? I absolutely love making these copycat McDonalds apple pies. They’re so quick to whip up but sure to wow any crowd!
15 mins prep / 10 mins cooking
Pre-rolled puff pastry
5 apples of your choice
4 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Splash of vanilla
Vegetable oil, for frying
Ice cream, to serve
– Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 squares
– Peel, core and roughly chop the apples
– In a pan, on a medium heat add the apples, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and let bubble for 5-10 mins
– In a pan, on a medium heat add the apples, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
– Fill the puff pastry squares with the apple mixture and fold over. Use a fork to pinch shut all the sides so none of the apples come out while frying.
– Fry the apple pies until golden brown and drain on kitchen paper.
– Serve with ice cream and enjoy with your favourite Netflix show!