Written by Nancy Lova
Image by @Winnieharlow
Summer is approaching huns and it’s time to start thinking of where we can escape to and live our best lives because babe, I don’t know about you but I need it! I’m thinking, hot. Food, lots of food. And sangria, sangria flowing nonstop like tap water. So if you need a little inspo, let your girl help you out with a few destinations, that could meet pretty much any holiday need.
1) Côte d’Azur
The Côte d’Azur also famously known as The French Riviera, should always be highly considered when dreaming of your summer getaway. If you’re looking for a sexy and glamorous vacay, then this is the perfect option. This sunny strip of coastline stretches from Saint Tropez all the way to Menton. You’ve got Cannes, you’ve got Nice, Antibes, and the absolute gem that is Monaco, all within easy reach from one another so you really can’t go wrong with where you stay here.
– Home of the Cannes Film Festival, Cannes makes a wonderful stay for incredible scenery, fine dining, and big-ticket shopping for all that main character energy.
– If you fancy being treated like royalty then stay at Le Negresco Hotel in Nice where you will see what luxury truly feels like. Here you can wake up to ocean view rooms then walk along the Promenade des Anglais before heading over to the beach to soak up the sun.
– Antibes was actually the first place I traveled to solo many moons ago. It’s charming, a little quieter than its big neighbors, and has the right balance between chilled beach vibes and lavish party scenes. Take a trip to Old Antibes for the culture and history of the city.
– Monaco is a big boy playground and if you can afford to splash that cash, then hunny, this place is a must. It’s an independent microstate but a world of its own. Monaco is the most magical place I’ve probably ever visited. Everything here screams rich! The fast cars, the superyachts, the grand and elaborate architecture, even the air smells rich!
Like I mentioned before, everywhere along The French Riviera is within easy reach so you could either hire a car or hop aboard a train and spend the day or hotel hop along any of these wonderful places.
Tuscany is a dream destination for that slow summer living. You know like something out of those classic romantic Italian films or the sweet Disney princess movies with birds singing away first thing at your window? Well, Tuscany is that vibe! I mean, if you basically want to step into a renaissance painting, well, get over here.
– Perhaps you fancy a secluded stay surrounded by endless views of luscious green hills, then take a step back in time into a simpler life and pick a villa or airbnb in Monticiano, Roccastrada, or Siena.
– Live like a local and book an apartment in Livorno. Here you can dine at quaint family-run restaurants by the sea, wander through sweet streets filled with boutique stores and antique shops, along with a day trip to Calle Del Leone, a small but magical beach tucked away within cliffs and rocks. Wear comfy footwear to hike down to this beach, it’s a little steep but worth getting there, it’s truly a hidden gem.
– If you want to take in the rich history of Tuscany then Florence or Pisa is a great shout. From the Leaning Tower of Pisa to The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, site-see until there’s nothing left to see because there are so many incredible landmarks to admire.
My suggestion? Book a couple of weeks to a month in Tuscany, stay in a fabulous rustic villa, hire a car and drive around this wonderful region to truly appreciate all it has to offer.
3) Palma de Mallorca
Spend your summer in the heart of this cosmopolitan city with everything in walking distance from rooftop bars to golden sandy beaches. Palma gives that real summertime enjoyment with very little effort on your part. You really don’t have to do much or go very far to make the most out of your trip.
Top things to do in Palma recommended by yours truly:
– Wander through the charming streets of Old Town Palma and eat traditional tapas outdoors
– Admire the grand detail at the Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma
– Be a beach babe at Ca’n Pere Antoni and soak up the sun
– Head down to Cala Major for a boat trip of the Mediterranean Sea
– Enjoy chic vibes and cocktails at Singular Rooftop Terrace
– Shop until you drop at Passeig des Born where you can find luxury designers as well as high-street favourites
We all have different ideas on how we like to spend our summer but with these three destinations, I hope I’ve covered many of your wants and needs for the perfect holiday. Happy holiday booking!